Students in Citizen Schools Eighth Grade Academy are learning to navigate career pathways and become masters at networking. At the 6 Degrees Networking Event, students will test their skills by conversing with professionals from leading companies and community organizations to learn about the jobs and industries of tomorrow.
How can YOU get involved?
- Host an Opportunity Booth: Opportunity Booths connect students to one or two careers or programs at a particular company or organization. More than just a conversation, Opportunity Booths provide hands-on activities that show students what skills they need to be a programmer, business analyst, youth worker, government employee, and more.
What is the commitment for hosting an Opportunity Booth?
- gather a team of 2-5 volunteers to participate
- have a phone call with a member of our team to brainstorm and plan your Opportunity Booth's hands-on activity/demonstration
- collect company/organization signage (posters, flyers, trifolds, banners, tablecloths) to decorate your booth
- provide company/organization SWAG to give away to Citizen Schools students and alumni
- bring a stack of business cards
- respond to any thank you emails you receive after the event